Learn how to make paper that can grow! Seed paper is perfect for gift tags that’ll keep on giving (once they’re planted).
HOW TO PLANT
Whether you gift your homemade seed paper to a friend or keep for yourself, the fun isn’t over once you’re done making it.
To grow the desired flower or plant, simply place a piece of the paper inside of a planter, top with soil and continue to water!
- Scrap Paper
- Wax Paper
- Paper Towels
- Start by folding your scrap paper in half hot-dog-style, then cut the paper into small strips.
- Place paper strips into a bowl and top with warm water. Let the mixture sit for 2-3 hours.
- Add the paper and water mixture into a blender. Blend until the consistency is similar to pulp.
- Scoop the mixture into a bowl and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Add in your plant or flower seed of choice and stir until well combined.
- Flatten the seed paper mixture out onto a piece of wax paper and let dry for at least 24 hours.
- Once completely dry, cut the seed paper into your desired shape and voi-la!